The Mind Diet, have you ever heard about? If not, then it’s about time. Mind Diet is an eating plan, that will help your brain stay healthy and strong for a long time, it prevents Alzheimer’s disease, and will make you feel better in general.
Mind Diet not only will improve your brain and mind, but also your overall health. Why is that? Because The Mind Diet is a healthy diet, that includes loads of healthy foods, such as vegetables and fruits.
What to eat when you’re on a Mind Diet?
- Green leafy vegetables (spinach, salad, kale etc)
- Other vegetables: (tomatoes, zucchini, aubergine etc)
- Nuts: (walnuts, pistachios, almonds etc)
- Berries: (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc)
- Beans and Legumes: (peas, lentils, any beans etc)
- Whole grains: (brown rice, oats, quinoa etc)
- Fish: (only eat 1-2 times a week)
- Poultry (like chicken or turkey): (only eat 1-2 times a week)
- Healthy fats, such as avocados.
- Cook with olive oil.
What to avoid on a Mind Diet?
- Red meat.
- Less dairy products.
- Sugar, pastries, sweets.
- Fried, fast, junk food.
- Unhealthy fats, such as butter.
- Alcohol, and carbonated drinks.
Why you should try this?
One study showed that people who stuck to the MIND diet lowered their risk of Alzheimer’s disease by 54%. That’s big. But maybe even more importantly, researchers found that adults who followed the diet only part of the time still cut their risk of the disease by about 35%. Sound good right? Then what are you waiting for, start eating healthier and improve your health.